Gather your friends and I will come to you!
Are you looking for a fun and relaxing experience with your friends, family, or coworkers? Even if you have never picked up a needle before, I am there to help you with each step along the way and captivate your creativity. With step-by-step demonstration and one-on-one time throughout the workshop, I will help you build confidence and (hopefully) a newly loved hobby.
I will share my tips and tricks and make your embroidery adventure memorable. Mastering foundational stitches with professional guidance will lay the groundwork for any future fibre project all while having fun with your friends.
Benefits of embroidery
So here are the details:
- Minimum of 5 students needed to run a private workshop
- Workshops happen at your location, anywhere on Prince Edward Island (this could be in your living room, around your kitchen table, etc.)
- All workshops are designed with beginners in mind, no experience is necessary! All skill levels welcomed.
Intro to embroidery workshop – Sampler design
In the Intro workshop you will learn all the ins, outs, and in between of hand embroidery. If you have never picked up a needle before, this is the perfect place to start. The finished piece is in a 3″ hoop, ready for displaying.
Here are the details:
- 2 hour class at your location (add an extra hour for $8 per person)
- You will have the opportunity to learn 4 or 5 stitches (whichever you prefer)
- You get to pick and choose the colors you would like for your design
- Instruction on hoop preparation and needle threading
- One-on-one support & guidance on how to finish your piece at home (you may or may not finish the design in class, each person is different)
- Digital access to our Resource Library
- Group & individual walk through of the stitches
- Discussion on how the stitches we learn are applied to any of my DIY Kit designs
- Special pricing on DIY kits
- All materials included!
Designs available for the custom embroidery workshops
Each workshop can be hosted with either Group 1 designs or Group 2 designs. Both groups are beginner friendly, but have a different technique focus for the workshop. Mix and match designs from one of the groups for your workshop.
Group 1 options:
Designs from this group include a few different foundational stitches for us to experiment with. We get right into stitching at the start of the workshop. Stitches taught are based on your selected designs. These foundational stitches include: Straight Stitch, Satin Stitch, Back Stitch, French Knot, Woven Wheel, Lazy Daisy.
Group 2 options:
Designs from this group feature a layering fabric technique that will take approximately the first hour of the workshop to prep. Like anything, prep is super important but I will guide you each step of the way. After the prep, we will get right to stitching these very basic stitches, such as: Straight Stitch, Satin Stitch, and Back Stitch are used in these designs.
At my workshops I have taught students between the ages of 10 and 70 years old.
My DIY Embroidery Kits have been purchased for as young as 6 years old with the guidance of an adult.
If you have an interest in learning the craft and a little patience, I will be here to guide you. Embroidery can be difficult on your body and eyes if you do not take breaks. I encourage breaks throughout the lessons and can provide a small light/magnifying glass upon request.
I require a minimum of 5 students for private workshops. This is a great size for around your kitchen table or in your living room. Since embroidery is a small craft, we don’t need a lot of space at all.
I can teach up 15 students at a time. There may be limitations with time and available designs for larger class sizes. Please contact me if you are interested in hosting more than 10 students.
Each class is designed to introduce you to the stitches in the piece with time to practice these stitches. Everyone’s stitching speed varies and may differ the more you practice. Based on my workshop experiences, students complete approximately 1/3 of their design during a 3 hour workshop. While 3 hours may seem like a long time, time goes by quick. Embroidery is a slow craft which helps to relax your body. Often times you can find yourself getting lost in the flow of the stitches, resulting in losing track of time. I designs pieces that you can pick up and stitch with for a few hours here and there without the worry of losing your place.